Tuesday 26 February 2008

Bad Planning.

I thought last week at work was hectic, on deck from 8am till midnight most nights, and one night until about 2.30 covering some design work that needed to be ready for the team at base camp (Auckland) to pick up and order as when they got into the office (they're 5 hours ahead).

Naturally, I got sick. Slept most of the weekend. That messed up my sleeping patterns, so Sunday and Monday nights I couldn't get to sleep.

I'm now recovering, but I just found out half an hour ago I need to be in Taipei tonight. That means I have to pack and get to Pudong by taxi this evening (a menacing trip in it's own right), fly to Hong Kong, then dogleg back up to Taipei.

Taipei is only a couple of hours away from Shanghai as the crow flies, but the crow has to land in an intermediate country (S. Korea also works if you can't get a flight through HK) for reasons outside the scope of this blog... I am going to be a wreck by tomorrow. All in a night's work, fun fun fun.

1 comment:

SaraLynn said...

My goodness! Sounds fascinating to me, my excitement for the week is grocery shopping! Just kidding, I hope I'm not that pedestrian. For you I am sure this is exhausting. Do you enjoy what you do? How long have you been there?
Hope you don't mind my questions! Wishing you a good day!
~Sara